Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Where's Chic

That's our girl! In her nest. What's going on? I was so worried this morning. Ken was out roaming their little yard, but Chic was nowhere to be found. Had I been lax in my duties. I only skipped the one night. Last night. I got home late from my class. I figured all was well, so I didn't go out to the coop to check on them. Where is she? Did some vile creature come and take her and leave us with Ken's ego? I peeked in the back door. Nothing. No movement. No little cluck, cluck, clucks. Ok, I'm starting to panic. What the heck has happened to her? I try to peek in the front door and Ken starts jumping at me. Rotten rooster. Calm down bird! I'm looking for Chic. He jumps at me again. I put up my dukes and inform I'm ready when he is. I catch a peek through the front door and see a splotch of grey back there by the nests. Relief! She must be staying warm in her cozy little nest. I ran into the house to grab my camera, and when I got back she was ready for her photo op.

No comments:

Post a Comment