Monday, August 15, 2011

Which came first?

We have a chicken, but without any privacy we'll never get any eggs. So, today I fixed the back door. Ummm. . . improved the back door. Tightened the shade screen, filled the gaps between door frame and door with 1x1/2 pieces of lumber.

Remember the shelf unit I bought at Goodwill? Well, I took the "unit" out and put a back flap on it ( I attached it with hinges . . the better to gather eggs my dear). I installed a winter perch in the coop. Which we still need to affix to the coop so it doesn't move. I think we will use zip ties so as not to beat up the coop roof.

I also added shade screen to the front of the coop, but that's temporary too till I figure out a better way. For now it's held in place with clothes pins. Handy little objects those clothes pins. I use them for a multitude of tasks!


Funny:

We went to a new chicken place for dinner. We asked the waitress how the chicken was prepared.

She said, "We just tell them all they're going to die."

No comments:

Post a Comment