Saturday, August 20, 2011

Noob News


In answer to MrsKittyKaBooms q's- I can most assuredly say that I still don't know why Chic has feathers on her feet and Ken doesn't. I have gone thru web sites and books, but I'm still not sure what kind of bird Chic n Ken are other than Bantam chicken.

Ken has the yellow legs and feet of the Rhode Island Red (which is a Bantam breed) and the feather coloring. But we will have to wait and see when all his feathers grow in. He has a flat back, slightly raised tail, and vertical breast.

Now Chic is altogether different than Ken. I'm leaning towards Cochin Bantam. Because of coloring and feathers. What else is there? Ahhh. Wattles, earlobes, combs, etc.

Chic has short legs, the characteristic tilt forward in the body, an abundance of hackle feathers (hackle being the neck), and her friendly demeanor. From what I gather from books is that she is a Lavender Pekin Cochin which is a true bantam. Oh, and I almost forgot to mention her feathered feet. Also a Cochin trait. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment