Sunday, August 14, 2011

Chic N Ken On Deck

Out on their daily jaunt through the yard, the birds decided to see what was up on the deck. Since we won't let them get under it. So I recorded their curiosity with the camcorder in my phone. Also, I found a setting in my phone that has improved the picture quality a bit.

I've been reading on the internet about what to feed these two, and it seems that they are going to need more supplements. Watermelon alone just isn't gonna cut it. Today, I soaked the seeds I've been giving them (a mix of pumpkin, thistle, corn, and whole peanuts) in hopes they would be tastier or at least easier to eat, but they still didn't care for them. I took out a small bowl of Oyster shell for the girl. And I gave them some potato peels, tomato halves (fresh from the garden), and some fried potatoes left over from breakfast. The past few days they've had cucumber, cuke peels, scratch, tomatoes, lettuce, and dry bread.

I'm thinking I will have to get some broccoli from the store and some more lettuce.

Every morning a bunch of tiny birds help them with the stuff they don't care for. Tomorrow I will try to get their pic. More later. . .

3 comments:

  1. ok.. so this may be a noob chicken question.. but whats going on with the white ones feathers poking out under them? Whats that for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok . . so this is a noob answer! lol . . . From checking chicken traits, coloring, wattles, combs, feet, earlobes. . .OMG Stay tuned for the next post. More explanation to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like the perfect egg to me, and right on time. Isn't she smart?? I knew she could do it. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete