Friday, October 14, 2011

Duh!

I keep asking myself, "why does Chic keep pushing all the bedding out of her nest and laying her eggs on the hard bottom wood?"
Nest with new faceplate

DUH!

I didn't put a face plate on the box. Whenever she plumped her nest all the bedding just slid out! I told her I was sorry. She just clucked.

I have noticed lately that the kids aren't sleeping in the coop but on their little porch. Even on the windiest of days. So today, I built another little structure out  of my cabbage crate materials and VIOLA! New digs. I hope they like it. They did go immediately into the run and climb the ladder to check it out, but they didn't go in. YET! It's getting dark so I will go check them before I sign off. They were primping and getting ready for bed when I came inside to post.
porch before
porch before


porch with new digs


I guess they are going to take another spin around the yard before bed. Ken tried to fly on top of it but didn't make it. He's circling it and can't decide. They did go into the coop together. I will go check again. It's almost dark. They have opted for the coop. They are perched on the top step of one of those doggie step things. I don't know if I should be rude and snap a picture or not. NO!  The flash would scare them! So tomorrow I will take a pic when they are in the yard. We'll see. They may just go back to the porch home.











No comments:

Post a Comment