Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Brrrr. . .

Looking thru to the front which is chicken wire
back door - egg access


Only 1/2 the floor is 3/4" plywood the other is chicken wire
doggie stairs perch
It's getting cold out at night. I think I need to insulate the coop a little. Chickens don't need a lot of heat as they put off their own body heat. According to my research anyway.


I think I will get a bale of straw for insulation and a piece of plywood to finish the other half of the floor. I will also need to cover the front and back walls with something that is less drafty. . . uhhh . . . they only have the chicken wire front and backs.



Hmmm . . .  how am I going to manage that? Any suggestions?



I've read that sectioning off a smaller area works. But the kids are'nt into change at all. They won't go near that little coop I put on their porch. I could make a back door in the smaller coop, move it to the entry way of the big coop (so they have to pass through it), but I'm afraid they will just move back to the porch with no protection at all. What to do? What to do?


middle board: perch



I put a board in so they would have a nice perch. They have never used it. When I was trying to dissuade Chic from laying eggs in the front corner, I put this set of doggie stairs in to take up space. They chose it as their perch. Go figure.

I don't know nothing bout raising no chickens!

No comments:

Post a Comment